ROBIN ANDERSON’S VOICE & PIANO STUDIO
SPRING 2018 INFORMATION
Now in its ninth year of service, Robin’s studio offers lessons to vocalists (all levels, ages 10 and up) and pianists (beginning-intermediate, ages 6 and up). The studio is a safe environment where every student can grow their skills and become life-long learners and lovers of music. All lessons are held at Robin’s in-home studio on Gateview CT, Columbia, MO 65203.
- Spring 2018 session: January 28th – May 11
- No lessons during spring break, March 26th – April 1st
- Makeup days: May 14, 15, 16, or as scheduled
- Studio group performance: TBD
- Studio recital: Friday, April 20th, 6-8pm
- Monday – Thursday 3:00 – 7:00
- Sundays: 12:00 – 2:00
- Fridays and Saturdays: no lessons
13-week Semester (September – December; February – May)
- 30 minute lessons: $380 / $94 monthly
- 45 minute lessons: $560 / $140 monthly
- 60 minute lessons: $680 / $170 monthly
- Annual registration (all plans): $20
Pay By Semester (~5%off)
- 30 minute lessons: $360
- 45 minute lessons: $530
- 60 minute lessons: $645
4-Week Packages: $110 for short-term students, auditions, or coaching; includes registration and four 30-minute lessons, scheduled on consecutive weeks. Add group lesson and/or recital: $25.
Single Sessions: options for auditions or literature brush-up or coach sessions. Scheduling limited according to semester availability.
- 30 minutes: $25
- 60 minutes: $50
- Your tuition is a flat rate that includes a reserved time slot for 14 weeks plus a recital fee.
- Tuition is due on or before your first lesson of the semester.
- Tuition does not include contest or competition costs.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- There is a $20 registration fee per calendar year per student (payable in the fall or first month of lessons), due with your first semester payment (excepting short-term students). Registration covers the cost of maintenance, additional copies, worksheets, handouts, and the lending library, and will save you from having to purchase many materials. In some instances, I may request that separate materials be purchased. In these cases, I will aid the process of locating these materials for reasonable prices.
- Any payment received after the 10th of each month will be assessed a fee of $5 per day.
- There is a $25 fee for returned checks.
- A referral bonus of $25 will be given to current studio members for each new family recruited.
- Non-payment, excessive tardiness, lack of practice, or one or more “no-shows” are unacceptable. I reserve the right to dismiss non-compliant students or families from the studio
- Students are required to practice consistently and efficiently. Without solid practice, you won’t progress.
- Please arrive and leave your lesson on time. Any missed time due to tardiness will be forfeited. Family is welcome to sit in the waiting area for the duration of lessons (seating is available for two). No unsupervised children other than studio members, please.
- Students, please keep cellphones out of sight and have water in covered containers. Have all your music in a binder or folder along with a blank notebook and a pencil. Bring all materials to each lesson.
- If a student or parent decides to leave the studio, a two-week notice is required; any advance payment is non-refundable.
Do not let this policy scare you off! There are always exceptions for extenuating circumstances, and I am happy to take those into account should anything ever happen that might interfere with your lessons. Essentially, lessons are a firm commitment for at least 13 weeks. If this policy seems stringent, it is because I strive to be the best teacher I can for my students while providing consistency and security for myself. I encourage all current and prospective students to read “Makeup Lessons From An Economist’s Point of View” to gain insight into the topic.
- Lessons missed due to student conflict / illness / vacation will not be rescheduled or refunded. This includes musicals, other recitals, tech rehearsals, district/state music festival, family vacations, schedule anomalies, sporting events, etc. Please understand that your tuition includes a weekly time slot that cannot be re-sold; asking for a makeup lesson is asking me to produce extra weekly teaching time in an already booked schedule. Choose a lesson day and time you are relatively confident will have little or no conflicts. If you have to miss your lesson, I will gladly devote the time to planning your individual musical success by locating and securing repertoire, making recordings, or even a FaceTime lesson or phone consultation with students or parents. Consider taking advantage of a group activity to compensate for missed time.
- Please provide 24 hours’ notice when canceling lessons. This allows me to better plan and manage my teaching day.
- For planned conflicts, I can offer a lesson switch; please contact me to arrange one. Switches are not guaranteed and are available according to other family’s schedules.
- If I have to cancel, a makeup lesson will be offered during the flex days at the end of each semester, or a mutually convenient time. If neither of these options are available, a credit will be applied to the next month’s invoice.
- In case of inclement weather, check the studio website, facebook page, or call me. The studio does not operate according to the school calendar for weather (usually the streets are passable by afternoon studio hours). Lessons canceled for inclement weather are not subject to be rescheduled or refunded.
Where Does My Tuition Go?
My commitment to yours or your child’s musical development is a full-time effort and goes beyond the time slot for which you pay. Click here to read more about what your tuition fees include.